Gwynedd Friends Meeting

Gwynedd Monthly Meeting is a part of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers), a faith that emerged in England as a new denomination during the religious turmoil of the mid-1600s.

Gwynedd Monthly Meeting was founded in 1699 by a group of Welsh Quakers who had come to the area the year before. Meetings for Worship have been held in our present location since a log meetinghouse was built on the site in 1700. A more permanent stone building was completed in 1712 and the present meetinghouse was built in 1823. In 1998, a large renovation and expansion project provided the Gwynedd Friends community - which includes our active preschool - with ample room for work and play. The existing schoolhouse across the parking lot was built in 1857 and presently houses our Kindergarten.

For more information on Gwynedd Friends Meeting, visit www.gwyneddmeeting.org